Potato Salad Cha Cha Cha
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
Tasty and colorful, this potato salad gets a south-of-the border make over.
- 1 1/3 pounds (4 medium) potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. bottled mild jalapeño sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 7 oz. can vacuum packed whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
In large saucepan, cook potatoes, covered, in 2 inches boiling water 10 to 12 minutes or until just tender. Drain and cool. Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, jalapeño sauce, chili powder and salt, if desired. Add potatoes and remaining ingredients. Toss gently to mix thoroughly.
* Optional ingredients not included in dietary analysis.
Each serving provides: An excellent source of vitamin C and fiber, and a good source of potassium.
- Calories: 239
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Total Fat: 7.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Dietary Fiber: 8g
- % of Calories from Fat: 29%
- Sodium: 469 mg
- Protein: 7g
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe was developed for Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH) courtesy of United States Potato Board. This recipe meets PBH and Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) nutrition standards that maintain fruits and vegetables as healthy foods.
- 3 new comments