Avocado Garden Salad
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
This beautiful salad is easy to fix, delicious and impressive to serve.
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, partially peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice, divided
- 1/3 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 large ripe California avocado, peeled
Thoroughly mix bite-sized salad greens, tomatoes, onions, and cucumber in a large serving bowl. Toss with 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic powder, black pepper and salt. Peel and cut avocado in half. Remove pit and slice into thin wedges, about 1/8-inch thick. Arrange slices on top of salad like a starburst. Brush remaining lemon juice and serve immediately.
Each serving provides: An excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C and folate, and a good source of potassium and fiber.
- Calories: 81
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Total Fat: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- % of Calories from Fat: 47%
- Sodium: 216 mg
- Protein: 3g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH). This recipe meets PBH and Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) nutrition standards that maintain fruits and vegetables as healthy foods.
- Comments (1)