Braised Celery with Herbs
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
The classic snacking and salad vegetable, served as a delicious cooked side dish!
Category: Side Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1/2
- 1 small bunch celery, to yield at least 4 1/2 cups sliced
- 2 1/2 cups reduced-sodium canned chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 tsp. dried leaf thyme, crushed
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. butter, for garnish
- 2 tsp. chopped herbs, for garnish
Cut celery stalks into diagonal slices about ¼-inch wide. In large saucepan, bring chicken broth to full boil over HIGH heat, adding chopped onion with herbs and seasonings. Add sliced celery and return broth to simmer. Reduce heat and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until barely tender. Do not allow to lose full crispness. Drain immediately and place in a serving bowl. Toss with butter and additional herbs. Serve hot.
Each serving provides: A good source of vitamin C.
- Total Fat:0.5g
- Saturated Fat:0.3g
- Dietary Fiber:2g
- % of Calories from Fat:13%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH). This recipe meets PBH and Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) nutrition standards that maintain fruits and vegetables as healthy foods.
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments