By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
Sweet kiwifruit and a swift kick of lemon meet in a delightful and satisfying cobbler.
- 12 large kiwifruit, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 package (3.2 oz.) prepared corn muffin mix
- 1 Tbsp. additional brown suger
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Vanilla ice cream or cream (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 375ºF. Place cubed kiwifruit in well-greased baking casserole. Combine brown sugar, lemon peel and flour and sprinkle on top of fruit. Mix lightly and place in hot oven for 25 minutes. Prepare ½ package muffin mix as directed. When fruit mixture is hot and bubbling, spoon on prepared mix. Mix the extra brown sugar and nutmeg and sprinkle on top. Return cobbler to oven for another 18-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and done. Remove and allow to cool. Serve warm, with ice cream or cream, if desired.
*Optional ingredients are not included in dietary analysis.
- Total Fat:2.5g
- Saturated Fat:0.5g
- Dietary Fiber:6g
- % of Calories from Fat:11%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH). This recipe meets PBH and Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) nutrition standards that maintain fruits and vegetables as healthy foods.
- 3 new comments