Broccoli Red Pepper Stir Fry
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
Bright in color, lively in taste and fast to fix.
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. walnut oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 large red bell pepper, washed, cored and cut into short strips
- 1 medium onion, peeled, cut in half and then into lengthwise slivers
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
Prepare all ingredients before starting to cook. Heat oils in large skillet over HIGH heat. Add garlic and sauté only until slightly cooked; do not brown. Immediately add broccoli. Stir fry continuously until all broccoli has turned to a bright green color. Add 2 tablespoons water, cover and remove from heat for 2 minutes. Return skillet to HIGH heat. Add red pepper and onion. Continue to cook, stirring for another 2-3 minutes. Vegetables will be crisp and brilliant in color when properly cooked. Toss with lemon juice and salt and serve.
Each serving provides: An excellent source of vitamins A and C, and a good source of folate and fiber.
- Total Fat:2.7g
- Saturated Fat:0.3g
- Dietary Fiber:3g
- % of Calories from Fat:35%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH). This recipe meets PBH and Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) nutrition standards that maintain fruits and vegetables as healthy foods.
- 3 new comments