By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
This popular appetizer is delicious with mushroom topping.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tsp. hot curry powder
- 1 1/2 lbs. button mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp. dried leaf oregano, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- 1 loaf or 16 1/2 inch thick slices of Italian or French bread
- Extra virgin olive oil (optional)
Heat oil, pepper and curry powder in deep skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat. Add mushrooms, onion, 2 cloves minced garlic and oregano. Mix well, cover and cook 2-3 minutes. Remove lid, lower heat and continue to cook, stirring often until mushroom mixture is somewhat dry in texture.
Remove from heat and mix in vinegar and chopped parsley. Adjust seasonings. Cool to room temperature. Toast bread until golden. While toast is still warm, rub cut garlic on one side of each slice. If desired, drizzle with olive oil. Place warm bruschetta around mushroom topping and serve immediately.
*Optional ingredients are not included in dietary analysis.
Each serving provides: A good source of folate and potassium
- Calories: 105
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Total Fat: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: 0.4g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- % of Calories from Fat: 21%
- Sodium: 120 mg
- Protein: 5g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH). This recipe meets PBH and Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) nutrition standards that maintain fruits and vegetables as healthy foods.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- 0 new comments