Grapes and Grains
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
A great chilled side dish with plenty of color and crunch.
Category: Side Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1/2
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil or other vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- 2 cups cooked barley (do not overcook)
- 1 1/2 cups seedless or halved, seeded Chilean grapes
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
In mixing bowl, whisk together oil, lemon and orange juices. Add barley, grapes, celery, and onions, tossing to coat. Season with salt and pepper; chill until serving time.
- Total Fat:8.2g
- Saturated Fat:1.2g
- Dietary Fiber:8g
- % of Calories from Fat:28%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH). This recipe meets PBH and Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) nutrition standards that maintain fruits and vegetables as healthy foods.
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments