Slow Cooker Chicken Orzo and Garbanzo Beans
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
This family-friendly recipe will surely be a hit at the dinner table!
2 lbs Chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 12 pieces
1 can (16 oz) Garbanzo beans, reduced sodium
1 can (15 oz) Tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups Onion, diced
1/4 cup Olives, chopped
1 Tbsp Oregano, fresh, chopped
1 clove Garlic, minced
1/4 tsp Ground black pepper
12 oz Dried orzo pasta
6 Tbsp Feta cheese, reduced fat, crumbled
- Rinse and drain beans.
- Add the chicken, beans, tomato sauce, onion, olives, oregano, garlic and pepper to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low until the chicken is cooked through and the flavors are all melded, about 4 hours.
- Cook the orzo pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Serve over cooked orzo pasta and top each serving with a tablespoon of feta cheese. Garnish with a sprig of fresh oregano as desired.
- Calories: 510
- Carbohydrates: 65g
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- % of Calories from Fat: 10%
- Sodium: 270 mg
- Protein: 45g
- Recipe Credit
Courtesy of BUSH's Beans
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- 0 new comments