Spring Vegetable Soup
By 30 Minutes or Less
This soup is a quick fix for lunch or appetizer!
1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
2 cups Red cabbage, finely shredded
2 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup Artichoke hearts, canned, drained and chopped
1 cup Green peas, frozen or fresh
1 cup Water
2 tsp Basil, dried
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. In large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Saute cabbage, tomatoes, artichoke hearts and peas for 10 minutes.
3. Add tomato juice and water. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat, add basil and simmer for 10 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender and soup is piping hot.
5. Serve in individual serving bowls. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Calories: 140
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Total Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- % of Calories from Fat: 26%
- Sodium: 230 mg
- Protein: 5g
- Recipe Credit
- Courtesy of the American Institute for Cancer Research
- 3 new comments