Macaroni Chickpea Soup
By 30 Minutes or Less
This soup is packed with fiber!
3 1/2 cups Chicken broth, low sodium
1 cup Water
1 3/4 cups Macaroni, dry
1/2 tsp Celery flakes or onion powder
1/2 tsp Oregano
1 cup Tomatoes, stewed, no-salt
1 cup Green beans
1 can (15 oz) Garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- In a large saucepan, bring broth and water to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add macaroni, celery flakes, and oregano. Simmer for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Add stewed tomatoes, green beans, chickpeas, and garlic powder. Simmer for 5 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- Total Fat:3.5g
- Saturated Fat:0.5g
- Dietary Fiber:9g
- % of Calories from Fat:8.5%
- Recipe Credit
- Courtesy of the University of Connecticut Family Nutrition Program
- 3 new comments