Sweet Blueberry Quesadillas
By 30 Minutes or Less
These are great for a twist on breakfast, an afternoon snack, or an after dinner dessert!
10 oz Blueberries, frozen
1 cup Apples, chopped
2 Tbsp Sugar
1/4 cup Blueberries, fresh
4- 8 inch Tortillas, whole wheat
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, part skim
1/2 cup Ricotta cheese, fat free
1 Lemon, grated peel
- In saucepan combine frozen blueberries, apples and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once you have reached a boil, reduce heat and simmer until fruit is soft (about 10 minutes).
- Puree fresh blueberries.
- Spread 1 Tbsp blueberry spread over each tortilla, leaving 1/2 inch border around.
- In bowl, combine cheeses with lemon peel.
- Spread 1/4 of cheese mixutre of one half of each tortilla. Add 2 Tbsp blueberry mixture to each quesadilla. Fold each tortilla over to enclose the filling.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add quesadillas and cook until crisp and lightly browned on bottom. Turn and crisp on second side.
- To serve, place quesadillas on plates and top with remaining blueberry mixture.
- Calories: 320
- Carbohydrates: 51g
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- % of Calories from Fat: 20%
- Sodium: 570 mg
- Protein: 12g
- Recipe Credit