By 30 Minutes or Less
This chicken entree has 2 cups of vegetables per serving!
1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
4 medium Chicken breast halves, skinned, fat removed, boned and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 7-inch Zucchini, unpeeled and thinly sliced
1 small Eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 medium Onion, thinly sliced
1 medium Green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 lb Mushrooms, fresh, sliced
1 (16 oz) can Tomatoes, whole, cut up
1 clove Garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp Dried basil, crushed
1 Tbsp Fresh parsley, minced
Black pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in large non-stick skillet. Add chicken and saute about 3 minutes (or until lightly browned).
2. Add zucchini, eggplant, onion, green pepper and mushrooms. Cook for about 15 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, garlic, basil, parsley and pepper. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Calories: 270
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 8g
- % of Calories from Fat: 23%
- Sodium: 240 mg
- Protein: 32g
- Recipe Credit
- Courtesy of the Department of Health and Human Services
- 3 new comments