Ginger Poached Pears
By 30 Minutes or Less
These honey-sweet pears flavored with sparkling ginger will satisfy any sweet tooth!
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1
- 3 cups (24 oz) ginger ale, diet
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest or coarsely grated peel
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ginger, shredded
- 4 large pears
- 4 large mint leaves
- Freshly grate nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 4 lemon slices, ultra thin (for decoration)
- Combine ginger ale, honey, lemon zest and ginger in deep sauce pan. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, peel 3/4 of each whole pear and do not remove stem.
- Place pears into ginger ale mixture, lower heat, cover and simmer until almost tender (about 15-20 minutes). Turn pears to ensure even cooking.
- Once pears are cooked, remove from ginger ale mixture. Reduce mixture down to 3/4 cup.
- Heat mixture on high. Once heated, strain over pears and allow to cool.
- Place each pear in a shallow soup bowl and wrap a slice of lemon around the stem, tuck a mint leaf into the lemon slice and sprinkle with nutmeg. Drizzle with sour cream.
- Total Fat:1.5g
- Saturated Fat:1g
- Dietary Fiber:5g
- % of Calories from Fat:10%
- Recipe Credit
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments