Watermelon & Tomato Salad
By 30 Minutes or Less
Create this perfect mixture of tangy and sweet for all your summer gatherings, when watermelon and tomatoes are in season ... and local!
2 large tomatoes, cut into 6 slices each
2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp olive oil
4 cups watermelon, diced with the seeds removed
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Arrange 3 tomato slices on each side of four salad plates.
- Combine vinegar, oil, and basil in a bowl, and mix well.
- Add watermelon, and gently toss to coat evenly.
- Spoon watermelon over the tomatoes.
- Top with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Calories: 100
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Total Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- % of Calories from Fat: 36%
- Sodium: 150 mg
- Protein: 2g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of Keep the Beat™, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- 0 new comments