Watermelon & Tomato Salad
By 30 Minutes or Less
Create this perfect mixture of tangy and sweet for all your summer gatherings, when watermelon and tomatoes are in season ... and local!
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1/2
2 large tomatoes, cut into 6 slices each
2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp olive oil
4 cups watermelon, diced with the seeds removed
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Arrange 3 tomato slices on each side of four salad plates.
- Combine vinegar, oil, and basil in a bowl, and mix well.
- Add watermelon, and gently toss to coat evenly.
- Spoon watermelon over the tomatoes.
- Top with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Calories: 100
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Total Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- % of Calories from Fat: 36%
- Sodium: 150 mg
- Protein: 2g
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of Keep the Beat™, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments