Brown Rice Pilaf w/Cherries & Pine Nuts
By 30 Minutes or Less
Take your tastebuds to the sweeter side with this twist on rice pilaf!
Category: Side Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1/2
1 cup brown rice, dry
2 Tbsp margarine
8 green onions (including green tops), chopped
2 tsp garlic, minced
1/8 cup pine nuts
3/4 cups cherries, pitted and chopped
- Prepare steamed brown rice according to package directions. Set aside after done cooking.
- In a large skillet, melt one tablespoon of margarine on medium-high heat. When butter is foaming, add pine nuts and saute until toasted. Remove pine nuts from skillet.
- Add the second tablespoon of margarine to the skillet and allow it to melt. Saute the garlic and onion until both are softened and golden brown.
- Toss the steamed rice with the pine nuts, garlic, and onion mixture and fresh chopped cherries. Serve warm.
- Total Fat:10g
- Saturated Fat:1g
- Dietary Fiber:4g
- % of Calories from Fat:32%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of Stemilt Growers.
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments