Tuscan Beans w/Tomatoes & Oregano
By 30 Minutes or Less
Dine outside on a warm summer evening with this cool and satisfying salad!
Category: Side Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1 1/4 cups
- 1 can (15 1/2 oz) chickpeas, low-sodium, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, rinsed and halved
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano, minced (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt-free seasoning blend
- 4 whole inner leaves of romaine lettuce, rinsed and dried
- In a large salad bowl, combine beans and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, oregano, pepper, and salt-free seasoning blend. Using a wire whisk, beat the ingredients until they blend into one thick sauce at the point where the oil and vinegar no longer separate.
- Pour the dressing over the beans and tomatoes, and mix gently to coat.
- Line 4 salad bowls with one romaine lettuce leaf each.
- Top each leaf with 1/4 of the bean mixture, and serve.
- Calories: 160
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Total Fat: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- % of Calories from Fat: 25%
- Sodium: 30 mg
- Protein: 7g
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of Keep the Beat™, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
Make a Comment:
- 3 new comments
Showing 3 comments