Munchable Mini-Burgers with Flavorful Fruit Dips
For Sweet Tomato Dip
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup ketchup
For Tangy Peach Dip
- 1 can (15 ounces) peaches in juice, drained
- 2 teaspoons mustard, yellow or brown
- 2 teaspoons honey
For Apricot Mayo
- 1 can (8 ounces) apricot halves, in light syrup
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, light or regular
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Burgers
- 1 can (15 ounces) sweet potatoes (or yams) in syrup drained
- 1 tablespoon canned tomato paste
- 1 pound ground turkey or lean beef
- Spray vegetable oil
- 1 roll (7.5 ounces) refrigerated, lower-fat buttermilk biscuits, baked to package directions
To make either of the dips or the mayo: Purée the canned ingredients in a food processor, blender or immersion blender and mix in remaining ingredients; set aside.
To make burgers: Mash sweet potatoes and tomato paste in medium mixing bowl with a fork. Mix in the ground turkey or beef until thoroughly blended. Portion in 1/4-cup portions and form into 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick burgers, about 3-inches across.
Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat and spray with oil. Cook burgers covered until no longer pink inside, about 4 minutes per side. The internal temperature of the patties should be 165°F.
To serve: Split biscuits horizontally and make sandwiches with burgers. Serve dips or mayo for dipping.
- Carbohydrates: g
- Total Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Saturated Fat: g
- Dietary Fiber: g
- % of Calories from Fat: %
- Sodium: mg
- Protein: g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of Canned Food Alliance