By 30 Minutes or Less
Try serving this delicious dip with toasted whole-grain pita or crackers.
Category: Appetizers, Dips & Salsa
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1
6 carrots, shredded
1 1/2 cups nonfat yogurt, plain
1 clove of garlic, mashed
1 Tbsp olive oil
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
1/2 tsp salt
18 4" celery strips
24 cherry tomatoes
- Wash, peel and grate carrots.
- Add garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and salt to yogurt. Stir.
- Add carrots to yogurt mixture. Mix well.
- Serve with celery, tomatoes and other vegetables, if desired.
- Calories: 86
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Total Fat: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Saturated Fat: .4g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.7g
- % of Calories from Fat: 27%
- Sodium: 283 mg
- Protein: 3.8g
- Recipe Credit
University of Arizona College of Agricultural and Life Sciences Cooperative Extension