Easy Vegetable Focaccia
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
Mouthwatering flavors make this vegetable appetizer a pleasure to make and serve.
- 10-inch prebaked pizza crust*
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. each fresh or dried oregano and basil
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 16 oz. frozen oriental style vegetables (usually contains green beans, broccoli, onions, mushrooms, and red pepper)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomato
- 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400º F. Place rack on medium high position. Remove pizza crust from packaging and place on round pizza pan or baking sheet. Warm pizza crust in oven for 3 minutes and then remove and hold.
Combine garlic, olive oil, herbs, and black pepper in food processor or blender and chop until fine. Stop processor if needed, scrape sides, and then continue until mixture is somewhat smooth.
Spread mixture over entire surface of warm crust. Sprinkle lavishly with frozen vegetables and chopped tomato. Finish with grated Parmesan cheese sprinkled evenly over the top. Place in oven for about 6 to 9 minutes, until very hot.
Remove and cut into 8 even wedges and serve piping hot. May be cut into squares and served as an hors d’oeuvre as well.
*Chef's Note: Although prebaked seasoned pizza crusts are available in most grocery stores, check to see if local bakeries or pizzerias sell them. These are usually very fresh, freeze well, and are baked with far less fat and calories.
Each serving provides: An excellent source of vitamins A and C, and a good source of fiber.
- Total Fat:10.4g
- Saturated Fat:1.6g
- Dietary Fiber:4g
- % of Calories from Fat:28%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe was developed for Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH) by Chef Carmen I. Jones, CCP. This recipe meets PBH and Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) nutrition standards that maintain fruits and vegetables as healthy foods.
- 3 new comments