By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
A fabulous appetizer with a bit of creamy goat cheese or Feta.
- 4 fresh ripe, medium peaches
- 1 Tbsp. dry Thai spice mixture OR
- 1 Tbsp. mixture of red chili flakes, dry leaf thyme, garlic powder, lemon pepper, and ground coriander
- Non-stick spray
- 1 oz. crumbled Chevre goat cheese or Feta
- 16 whole wheat crackers
- Fresh herb sprigs for garnish
Peel peaches, cut in half and remove pits. Dust well with spice mixture. Cover and hold for 30 minutes. Before cooking, spray peaches lightly with non-stick spray. Grill or broil until lightly browned on each side, turning often. Cook only until slightly softened. Remove and cool briefly. Cut peaches into large wedges and place on a bed of lettuce. Sprinkle with crumbled cheese and serve with whole wheat crackers.
Each serving provides: An excellent source of fiber, and a good source of vitamin C.
- Calories: 206
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Total Fat: 7.4g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Saturated Fat: 2.1g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- % of Calories from Fat: 31%
- Sodium: 285 mg
- Protein: 5g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH). This recipe meets PBH and Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) nutrition standards that maintain fruits and vegetables as healthy foods.
- 0 new comments