Hot and Sweet Watermelon
By Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
This sweet and spicy dessert is refreshing and very healthy.
- 3/4 tsp. whole peppercorns or coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. very finely chopped mint leaves
- 6 cups 3/4-inch seedless red watermelon cubes
- Fresh mint leaves
Place peppercorns on chopping block. Using the bottom of a heavy saucepan, press firmly, into a heavy downward motion and crush peppercorns into a semi-coarse texture. Combine ground peppercorns with finely chopped mint. In a large bowl, toss spice mixture gently but thoroughly with watermelon cubes. Spoon into 4 individual serving glasses or bowls. Serve chilled, garnished with a fresh mint leaf.
- Total Fat:0.4g
- Saturated Fat:0g
- Dietary Fiber:1g
- % of Calories from Fat:5%
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH). This recipe meets PBH and Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) nutrition standards that maintain fruits and vegetables as healthy foods.
- 3 new comments