This is one of our own Fruits & Veggies—More Matters® recipes. It meets the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s strict nutrition guidelines as a healthy recipe.
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables per Serving: 2
1 lb roasted chicken breast, skinless
3 cups spinach
2 medium-sized pink or white grapefruits
2 medium-sized Red Delicious apples
¾ lb seedless green grapes
1/3 cup fat-free Dijon salad dressing
- Remove and discard skin from ckicken (if not skinless). Tear chicken into bite-size pieces or shred.
- Chop 1 cup loosely packed spinach leaves and leave remaining 2 cups aside.
- Cut peel from grapefruit and remove sections with a knife.
- Cut unpeeled apples into 3/4 inch chunks.
- In large bowl combine chicken, chopped spinach, fruit and salad dressing. Toss to coat.
- To serve, arrange remaining spinach leaves on platter and spoon chicken salad over spinach leaves.
|Nutritional Information per Serving|
|Calories: 390||Carbohydrates: 52g|
|Total Fat: 4.5g||Cholesterol: 95mg|
|Saturated Fat: 1g||Dietary Fiber: 10g|
|% of Calories from Fat: 10%||Sodium: 340mg|