This is one of our own Fruits & Veggies—More Matters® recipes. It meets the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s strict nutrition guidelines as a healthy recipe.
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables per Serving: 1 ¾
1 can (20 oz) pineapple chunks, canned in own juice, drained
2 pears, halved
1 can (16 oz) sliced peaches, canned in extra light syrup, drained
1 can (16 oz) apricot halves, canned in extra light syrup, drained
1 ¼ cup plain yogurt
1 cup granola, low-fat
- Drain each can of fruit very well.
- Cut the pears in half several times, the peaches once and the apricots once.
- Mix fruit together in a medium sized bowl.
- Pour yogurt over the top and blend gently.
- Spoon into 5 different bowls and sprinkly with granola. Serve.
Credit: Recipe adapted from the CDC.
|Nutritional Information per Serving|
|Calories: 350||Carbohydrates: 81g|
|Total Fat: 2g||Cholesterol: 5mg|
|Saturated Fat: 1g||Dietary Fiber: 8g|
|% of Calories from Fat: 5%||Sodium: 65mg|