This is one of our own Fruits & Veggies—More Matters® recipes. It meets the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s strict nutrition guidelines as a healthy recipe.
Category: Main Dishes
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables per Serving: 1 1/3
1 lb frozen shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
1 (16 oz) package frozen broccoli florets
12 oz penne pasta, whole wheat
3 garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup onion, chopped
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp olive oil
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- In large skillet, saute garlic and onion in butter, oil and salt until tender.
- Add broccoli and cook on medium heat until heated (approximately 6 minutes).
- Add shrimp and cook an additional 4-5 minutes, or until shrimp is pink and broccoli is tender.
- Stir in pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve.
Credit: Recipe courtesy of the American Frozen Food Institute and the National Frozen and Refrigerated Foods Association.
|Nutritional Information per Serving|
|Calories: 620||Carbohydrates: 71g|
|Total Fat: 18g||Cholesterol: 190mg|
|Saturated Fat: 6g||Dietary Fiber: 10g|
|% of Calories from Fat: 26%||Sodium: 430mg|