This is one of our own Fruits & Veggies—More Matters® recipes. It meets the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s strict nutrition guidelines as a healthy recipe.
Category: Main Dishes
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables per Serving: 1
1 can (6 ½ oz) tuna, packed in water and drained
1 large apple
¼ cup vanilla yogurt, low-fat
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp honey
6 slices whole wheat bread
3 lettuce leaves
- Wash and peel the apple. Chop into small pieces.
- Drain the water from the can of tuna.
- Put the tuna, apple, yogurt, mustard, and honey in a medium bowl. Stir well.
- Spread 1/2 cup of tuna mixture onto each 3 slices of bread.
- Top each sandwich with a washed lettuce leaf and slice of bread. Serve.
Credit: Recipe courtesy of The Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program.
|Nutritional Information per Serving|
|Calories: 290||Carbohydrates: 40g|
|Total Fat: 4g||Cholesterol: 25mg|
|Saturated Fat: 1g||Dietary Fiber: 6g|
|% of Calories from Fat: 12%||Sodium: 530mg|