This is one of our own Fruits & Veggies—More Matters® recipes. It meets the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s strict nutrition guidelines as a healthy recipe.
Category: Main Dishes
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables per Serving: 1 ½
1 can (15 oz) Del Monte tropical fruit salad in 100% juice
3 Tbsp reserved juice from Del Monte tropical fruit salad
4 pita pocket breads
4 cups spinach, torn
¼ cup cilantro (optional)
½ cup natural peanut butter, crunchy/chunky
3 Tbsp cream cheese, fat-free
1 Tbsp soy sauce, low-sodium
- In a colander over a bowl, drain fruit salad well. Reserve 3 Tbsp of juice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together reserved juice, peanut butter, cream cheese, and soy sauce.
- Place drained fruit, spinach, cilantro, in bowl and mix gently. Add fruit juice sauce and toss.
- Slice a small portion of each pita and tuck sliver inside at the bottom.
- Fill each pita with the fruit-spinach mixture. Wrap individually in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Will keep well overnight.
Credit: Recipe courtesy of Del Monte Foods.
|Nutritional Information per Serving|
|Calories: 370||Carbohydrates: 42g|
|Total Fat: 17g||Cholesterol: 0mg|
|Saturated Fat: 2g||Dietary Fiber: 6g|
|% of Calories from Fat: 41%||Sodium: 550mg|