This is one of our own Fruits & Veggies—More Matters® recipes. It meets the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s strict nutrition guidelines as a healthy recipe.
Category: Main Dishes
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables per Serving: 1 ½
4 chicken breasts, boneless (about 1 lb)
2 Tbsp garlic and herb blend (like Mrs. Dash)
2 Tbsp Country Crock Spread, divided
½ cup (4 oz) water
4 cups fresh broccoli florets
2 medium oranges, sliced
- Coat chicken breasts with herb blend. Melt 1 Tbsp Country Crock Spread over medium heat in a 12-inch skillet (with lid, for cooking broccoli).
- Add the coated chicken and brown on both sides. Reduce heat slightly, and cook until done, turning a couple of times.
- Remove chicken from skillet; add water and broccoli to skillet, cover with lid.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 3 minutes until broccoli is slightly tender, yet still bright green.
- For each individual plate, place 1 chicken breast on plate and garnish with orange slices. Mound broccoli next to chicken and dab with remaining Country Crock Spread. Serve.
Credit: Recipe courtesy of Country Crock Spreads.
|Nutritional Information per Serving|
|Calories: 220||Carbohydrates: 14g|
|Total Fat: 7g||Cholesterol: 75mg|
|Saturated Fat: 1.5g||Dietary Fiber: 4g|
|% of Calories from Fat: 30%||Sodium: 220mg|