This is one of our own Fruits & Veggies—More Matters® recipes. It meets the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s strict nutrition guidelines as a healthy recipe.
Category: Main Dishes
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables per Serving: 1.75
- Mix marinade/dressing ingredients; divide evenly.
- Place lamb cubes in a glass dish; pour half of the marinade/dressing over the lamb. Cover and refrigerate at least two hours.
- In a large bowl, toss cabbage, carrots, jicama (optional), onions, and sesame seeds. Remove lamb and discard marinade.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes; divide lamb among the 4 skewers.
- On hot grill, cook the lamb skewers 5-6 minutes per side (or to desired degree of doneness).
- Remove lamb from skewers, add to salad, and toss. To serve, divide salad evenly on 4 plates.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing.
Credit: Recipe courtesy of Lean on Lamb.
|Nutritional Information per Serving|
|Calories: 260||Carbohydrates: 20g|
|Total Fat: 9g||Cholesterol: 70mg|
|Saturated Fat: 2.5g||Dietary Fiber: 8g|
|% of Calories from Fat: 31%||Sodium: 530mg|