This is one of our own Fruits & Veggies—More Matters® recipes. It meets the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s strict nutrition guidelines as a healthy recipe.
Category: Main Dishes
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables per Serving: 1.5
- Slice beef across the grain into ¼-inch strips.
- Place in a medium bowl with ½ tbsp fiesta lime seasoning; toss to coat.
- Place mushrooms, peppers, onion and remaining fiesta lime seasoning in a large bowl; toss to coat. Heat oil in large, non-stick skillet.
- Add beef strips; cook about 3-4 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Place coated vegetables in skillet and sauté until vegetables are slightly tender, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add beef back to skillet and sauté mixture 1-2 more minutes.
- Assemble fajitas by dividing beef-vegetable mixture evenly on each tortilla, top with remaining ingredients and roll up.
Credit: Recipe courtesy of Mushroom Council and National Cattlemen's Beef Association.
|Nutritional Information per Serving|
|Calories: 430||Carbohydrates: 46g|
|Total Fat: 16g||Cholesterol: 60mg|
|Saturated Fat: 5g||Dietary Fiber: 7g|
|% of Calories from Fat: 33%||Sodium: 590mg|