This is one of our own Fruits & Veggies—More Matters® recipes. It meets the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s strict nutrition guidelines as a healthy recipe.
Category: Main Dishes
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables per Serving: 2.25
Hard-boil the eggs ...
- Place eggs in saucepan large enough to hold them in single layer.
- Add cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch. Heat over high heat just to boiling.
- Remove from heat and cover.
- Let eggs stand in hot water about 12 minutes.
- Drain and fill pan with cold water; let sit 10-15 minutes.
- Peel and slice. (This can be done ahead. If making ahead, refrigerate cooked unpeeled eggs.)
Prepare other ingredients while eggs are cooking and cooling ...
- Wash, slice, and core apples.
- Cut apples and dried figs into bite-size chunks.
- Wash and drain spinach.
- To plate, divide ingredients evenly among 4 plates, top spinach with apples, eggs, dried figs, and croutons. Drizzle with dressing.
Credit: Recipe courtesy of Stemilt, Juice Products Association & Egg Nutrition Center.
|Nutritional Information per Serving|
|Calories: 360||Carbohydrates: 59g|
|Total Fat: 11g||Cholesterol: 185mg|
|Saturated Fat: 2g||Dietary Fiber: 10g|
|% of Calories from Fat: 28%||Sodium: 560mg|