This is one of our own Fruits & Veggies—More Matters® recipes. It meets the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s strict nutrition guidelines as a healthy recipe.
Category: Side Dishes
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables per Serving: 1 ¼
- 1 cucumber, large, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp yogurt, low-fat, plain
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp dill weed (optional)
- 1 dash pepper
1. Peel and thinly slice cucumber.
2. Mix all other ingredients in mixing bowl.
3. Add cucumber slices and stir until coated.
4. Chill until serving.
Credit: Michigan State University Cooperative Extension Service, Eating Right is Basic
|Nutritional Information per Serving|
|Calories: 90||Carbohydrates: 4g|
|Total Fat: 7g||Cholesterol: 0mg|
|Saturated Fat: 1g||Dietary Fiber: 1g|
|% of Calories from Fat: 11%||Sodium: 15mg|