This is one of our own Fruits & Veggies—More Matters® recipes. It meets the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s strict nutrition guidelines as a healthy recipe.
Category: Side Dishes
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables per Serving: ½
- 4 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp margarine
- pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Wash and slice vegetables. Place zucchini, onion, water, margarine, and pepper in a frying pan. Cover and cook over medium heat for one minute.
2. Remove cover and cook until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Turn with large spoon to cook evenly.
4. Sprinkle with cheese; toss lightly.
5. Serve at once.
Credit: Michigan State University Cooperative Extension Service, Eating Right is Basic
|Nutritional Information per Serving|
|Calories: 40||Carbohydrates: 4g|
|Total Fat: 2.5g||Cholesterol: 0mg|
|Saturated Fat: .5g||Dietary Fiber: 1g|
|% of Calories from Fat: 4%||Sodium: 55mg|