This is one of our own Fruits & Veggies—More Matters® recipes. It meets the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s strict nutrition guidelines as a healthy recipe.
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables per Serving:
• 1 cn (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 cn (14.5 oz.) libby’s cut green beans, drained and chopped
• 1 large red bell pepper, cored and chopped
• 1 small head iceberg lettuce, cored and chopped (about 6 cups)
• 1⁄3 bottled italian dressing
In large bowl, combine all ingredients.
Toss gently until well mixed.
Tip: Add chopped leftover ham, turkey or chicken.
Credit: Recipe courtesy of Seneca