This is one of our own Fruits & Veggies—More Matters® recipes. It meets the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s strict nutrition guidelines as a healthy recipe.
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables per Serving: 1
2 cups salad greens of your choice
1 cup chopped vegetables (tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, green beans)
1 cup pinapple chunks, canned in light syrup, drained
¼ cup Dynamite Dressing
2 Tablespoons raisins or dried cranberries
2 Tablespoons chopped nuts, any kind
¼ cup nonfat yogurt, fruit-flavored
1 Tablespoon orange juice
1 ½ teaspoon white vinegar
- To make the Dynamite Dressing: mix all ingredients and refigerate until ready to serve.
- Mix the Dynamite Dressing and chopped vegetables.
- Put salad greens on a large platter or salad bowl.
- Top salad greens with vegetable and dressing mixture.
- Top with raisins and nuts and serve.
Credit: Courtesy of California 5 A Day
|Nutritional Information per Serving|
|Calories: 100||Carbohydrates: 18g|
|Total Fat: 2.5g||Cholesterol: 0mg|
|Saturated Fat: 0g||Dietary Fiber: 2g|
|% of Calories from Fat: 22.5%||Sodium: 30mg|