Tonight’s Roasted Veggie Panini
Roasted Veggie Panini Sandwich, Avocado Slices & Fresh Berries
This meal features a simple and fresh, Italian panini sandwich filled with roasted veggies such as red and yellow peppers, tomatoes, and mushrooms, then drizzled with olive oil and garnished with fresh basil leaves. Add slices of fresh avocado and a mixed berry salad to complete your meal. Serves 4.
- 1 medium red bell pepper, washed, cored and sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, washed, cored and sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced thick
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut in quarters and seeds scooped out
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 8 leaves fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Prepare first 4 vegetables and place them on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil evenly on veggies and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake veggies in oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and gently stir and/or turn over. Bake 10 min. longer until tender.
- Divide roasted veggies among 4 sandwiches with 2 slices of Italian bread each. Add 2 whole basil leaves per sandwich.
- Place sandwiches into a heated panini grill or waffle iron and warm up for 3-5 minutes until bread is lightly toasted.
- Finish your meal by adding slices of fresh avocado to the side of your plate and a dessert cup of mixed strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. Be sure to gently wash berries and pat dry before mixing.
Nutrition per serving (sandwich only)
235 calories; 13 gm total fat; 2 gm saturated fat; 0 trans fat; 0 cholesterol; 300 mg sodium; 30 gm carbohydrates; 7 gm fiber; 9 gm protein.