Veggie Chips & Dip
While you’re baking these light and simple veggie chips, toss together these quick “dips” that are packed with fiber, vitamins and minerals. You can feel good about serving these “healthified” chips and dips, and don’t be surprised if your kids start begging for their veggies! These chips are also a hit for any fall party!
- 2 bunches kale, washed and thick stems removed
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to taste or sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Chop or tear into "chip" size pieces. In a bowl, pour the vinegar, and oil onto kale. Toss and spread onto baking sheet. Mix to coat all pieces. Bake for 10 minutes or until crispy. Serve immediately!
Parsnip & Carrot Chips
- 2 large parsnips, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, toss thinly sliced veggies with a tablespoon or two of olive oil. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray. Place veggies on baking sheet, careful not to overlap. Place in oven and flip pieces after about 5 minutes. Bake about 10 minutes until the pieces are crisp, checking often. When the chips are done, transfer to a paper towel lined plate to absorb excess oil.
Sweet Potato Chips
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, toss thinly sliced sweet potatoes with a tablespoon or two of olive oil. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray. Place potato slices on baking sheet, careful not to overlap. Place in oven for approximately 30 minutes, flip pieces and bake another 10-15 minutes, until crisp. When the chips are done, transfer to a paper towel lined plate to absorb excess oil.
Corn & Black Bean Salsa
- 2 cups organic frozen sweet corn, thawed, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can organic black beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded, diced
- ½ cup organic tomato sauce
- ¼ cup minced green onions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Serve or cover and refrigerate several hours to blend flavors. Recipe courtesy of wildharvestorganic.com.
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup organic low fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup organic medium salsa
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground natural sea salt
Remove peel and pit from avocados; chop avocados. In medium mixing bowl, combine chopped avocados with remaining ingredients. Using a potato masher, mash all ingredients to desired consistency. Serve immediately, or cover with plastic wrap, being sure that wrap is in direct contact with guacamole to avoid browning. Recipe courtesy of wildharvestorganic.com.