5 Healthy Dishes & Snacks Kids Will Love – Winter Ideas
- Tater Tots. A healthy, kid-friendly alternative to traditional fried tater tots! Yams and garbanzo beans are the star of this recipe which is low in fat and sodium yet provides 5 grams of fiber per serving. Recipe: Tasty Tots
- Veggie Pizza. English muffins never tasted so good! It’s very simple. Kids only need help with the toasting, and you can change the veggies depending on personal preferences. This is a great way to help kids get a serving of vegetables. Recipe: Very Veggie Snack pizza
- Stuffed Lunch. While the kids are home from school, let them try a sandwich different from their standard lunch. Surprise them with pita pockets! Buy whole-wheat pita bread and make Veggie Stuffed Pitas, Rainbow Veggie Pocket or Corner Kick Pita Pocket for a tasty lunch.
- Citrus. Clementines, oranges, and tangerines are all in season during the winter months. Both kids and adults will enjoy these portable, single-serving snacks. Citrus fruits are loaded with vitamin C to boost immunity and help ward off the cold season.
- Cheese. Most kids love cheese, but often won’t eat their veggies. Try mixing the two together for a win-win meal. Recipe: Cheesy Corn Potatoes | Cool Quesa | Ranch Hand Nachos | Rockin Poppers
|Ways to Add Fruits & Veggies to Your Meals|
|Low-Fat & Low-Calorie Dishes & Desserts|
Video Center: Fruit & Veggie Selection, Storage, Preparation
Ask The Expert about Fruits & Vegetables
Cooking with Your Kids
Fresh, Frozen, Canned, Dried and 100% Juice: It All Matters
Fruit & Vegetable Nutrition Database