5 Healthy Appetizers
- Salsa. You can’t go wrong with fresh fruit and veggie salsas! They make a great dip for any appetizer and leftovers can be served over entrée meats. Try Kiwifruit-Mango Salsa, Roasted Corn Salsa, or Dried Fig & Fruit Salsa.
- Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche. Start dinner off right with a hands on appetizer that highlights summer and tastes fresh. Recipe: Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche
- Peaches. One of summers amazing fruits. What better way to enjoy peaches then to grill to bring out their sweetness. Start your party off right by serving up Grilled Peaches or Grilled Peach Salad w/Spinach & Red Onion Vinaigrette at your next party.
- Soup. An easy appetizer for any last-minute get together. Recipe: Fruit Soup or Watermelon Gazpacho.
- Guacamole. The creamy richness of avocadoes kicks any food up a notch. With little effort, guacamole is sure to impress all party goers. Recipe: Simple Guacamole or Sizzlin’ Southwest Guacamole.
5 Healthy Beverages
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie. A refreshing, creamy drink to enjoy anytime of day. Recipe: Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Coolers. Serve up tasty coolers that will quench anyone’s thirst on a warm summer day. Recipes: Peach Cooler, Melon Cooler, and Orange Cooler.
- Carrots. Make any drink sweeter with carrots. Try Power Gold Smoothie or make juice with fresh carrots.
- Coconut Water. A perfect beverage for staying hydrated on hot days. Add slices of fresh fruit to jazz it up.
- Tropical Smoothie. Enjoy a taste of the tropics in your own backyard. Recipe: Tropical Smoothie
|Ways to Add Fruits & Veggies to Your Meals|
|Low-Fat & Low-Calorie Dishes & Desserts|
|5 Healthy Dishes Kids Will Love|
Video Center: Fruit & Veggie Selection, Storage, Preparation
Ask The Expert about Fruits & Vegetables
Cooking with Your Kids
Fresh, Frozen, Canned, Dried and 100% Juice: It All Matters
Fruit & Vegetable Nutrition Database