Connect & follow
Join Our Mailing List

new signup button

Ask the Expert Archive

Hi,I am a caseworker and need some assistance. I have a morbidly obese woman, with mental retardation who lives in the community. She can read and follow simple recepies. I need a weekly meal plan for her with simple meals and a shopping list. Can you help?

Your best bet would be to contact her physician or clinic for a referral to a registered dietitian or to nutrition services that could assist with this. The local chapter of the Association for Retarded Citizens may be able to direct you to nutrition services for her. A weight loss plan could also be constructed at, (click here) which could then be simplified for her. However, if she has other special dietary needs, a registered dietitian would be the best approach.

  • Comments (0)
Make a Comment:
  • 0 new comments
Showing 0 comments

Comments are closed.

Today's Top 10 Lists

The Expert: Wendy Reinhardt Kapsak, MS, RDN, is the President and CEO of the Produce for Better Health (PBH) Foundation. At PBH, she guides the Foundation’s efforts to advance the overall effort of increasing fruit and vegetable consumption.
Read Her Full Bio

Leave Your Feedback