Tuna Apple Salad Sandwich
By 30 Minutes or Less
Liven up your lunch time sandwich with a refreshing mix of tuna, apples, raisins, and walnuts.
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 3/4
- 1 Fuji or Pink Lady Washington apple
- 1-12 oz can chunk light tuna, drained
- 2 Tbsp plain yogurt, low-fat
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise, reduced fat
- 1/2 cup raisins or chopped figs
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 tsp curry powder (optional)
8 leave lettuce (Bibb, Romaine, green or red leaf)
8 slices whole grain bread
- Cut apples in quarters; remove core and chop.
- In a medium size bowl, mix all salad ingredients, except tuna. Gently fold tuna.
- Make sandwiches using lettuce and whole grain bread (toast if desired), and fill with tuna apple salad.
- Serve with 8 oz glass of 100% orange juice.
- Calories: 380
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Total Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- % of Calories from Fat: 24%
- Sodium: 550 mg
- Protein: 27g
- Recipe Credit
Recipe courtesy of Sage Fruit, National Fisheries Institute & Juice Products Association
- Comments (0)