Baby Spinach w/Golden Raisins & Pine Nuts
By 30 Minutes or Less
Sweet golden raisins and crunchy pine nuts make this a fabulous way to eat your spinach!
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 2 1/2
4 Tbsp pine nuts
2 bags (10 oz each) leaf spinach, rinsed
2/3 cup golden seedless raisins
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp salt
- In a medium pan, cook and stir pine nuts on high heat, until they begin to brown lightly and smell toasted. Set the pine nuts aside in another dish.
- Return the pan to burner. Add 1/4 cup water and bring to boil over medium-high heat. As it begins to boil, add a small handful of the spinach. Cook and stir until it being to wilt.
- Push the wilted spinach to the side of the pan and add another 1/4 cup of water and a handful of spinach. Continue until all the spinach has been cooked, adding raisins with the last handful of spinach.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and salt. Cook and stir until the spinach is wilted and the raisins are warm.
- Remove from heat. Press out excess water.
- Divide into 4 servings and top with pine nuts. Serve.
- Calories: 160
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- % of Calories from Fat: 39%
- Sodium: 190 mg
- Protein: 6g
- Recipe Credit
- Recipe courtesy of Keep the Beat™, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
- Comments (0)