Ways to Add Fruits & Veggies to Your Meals 2016
5 Ways to Add Fruits & Veggies to Entrées
- Scalloped Potatoes & Chicken w/Fennel. This is a delicious hearty one-dish meal for your guests or family. Remove the skin from the chicken to lighten the dish. Serve with a mixed green salad to round out the meal.
- Spinach. A nutrient-rich leafy green that tastes great raw or cooked. Add spinach to any recipe for flavor and nutrition! Recipes: Barley & Spinach Skillet Dinner | Chicken Florentine | Spinach & Bow Ties
- Chicken Veggie Risotto. This dish is fancy enough for a party and simple enough for a last-minute dinner. Recipe: Chicken Veggie Risotto
- Salad. Keep the main meal light to allow your guests a little extra indulgence in dessert. Turn any salad into an entrée by adding meat or beans. Try our recipes for Sirloin w/Roasted Vegetable Salad, Grilled Halibut w/Roasted Pepper Salad, or European Salad.
- Carrots. A very versatile veggie that is available year round, enjoy carrots in our Apple Chicken Stir Fry, Very Veggie Fettuccine, or Curried Chicken w/Berries.
- Bell Peppers. Enjoy bell peppers in all kinds of meals. Peppers are great in egg dishes and sandwiches, and you can prepare them sautéed or stuffed. Bell peppers are a great source of vitamins and add a lot of color to plates. Try bell peppers in these tasty sides: Galloping Good Eggplant or Easy Vegetable Focaccia.
- Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad. There is nothing to fear about Brussels sprouts. They are very nutritious, delicious sautéed or roasted, and your guests won’t be able to get enough if you serve them up Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad.
- Compote. Make super easy desserts by just cooking down (cooking off the water) different combinations of fruit. Serve over ice cream, frozen yogurt, or just enjoy compote on its own with a dollop of light whip topping. Recipe: Fruit Compote
- Beet & Potato Purée. The beets in this recipe create a really nice color and add a bit of sweetness to the potatoes. Recipe: Beet & Potato Purée
- Green Soup. Leafy greens are a great source of fiber to help fill everyone up and they are very low in calories. Soups are also a great addition to any winter meal. Try leafy greens in these great soups: Emerald Spinach Soup w/Tomato, Beans & Greens Soup, Kale & Apple Soup.
|Low-Fat & Low-Calorie Dishes & Desserts|
|5 Healthy Dishes Kids Will Love|
Video Center: Fruit & Veggie Selection, Storage, Preparation
Ask The Expert about Fruits & Vegetables
Cooking with Your Kids
Fresh, Frozen, Canned, Dried and 100% Juice: It All Matters
Fruit & Vegetable Nutrition Database